Trim The Fat

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Not Impressed with Emigrant

I recently decided to start an "American Dream" account with EmigrantDirect because it pays the best interest rate out there - a whooping 3.25%. Unfortunately, I'm not very happy with the process or service so far. First I was told to wait for them to activate the account. When I didn't hear from them for a week, I sent an email and they said everything was set up all along. I finally get to log in and I can't figure out how to transfer more money!!! I'm either inept or their site needs lots of polish. I'm going to try ING Direct (even though the APY is a quarter of a point lower) and am setting the whole thing up with Jonathan over at MyMoneyBlog. If he refers me we both get a bonus, so I'm going for it!

Healthwise, I managed to go on the 4 mile run/walk this morning, but then made up for it by having eggs and bacon for breakfast, a huge plate of Chinese for lunch, a bag of rice crackers, a hot-dog at Ikea, Lemon Salmon with rice for dinner, and two Hawaiian sweet rolls. Oh yeah, I also spent $100 at REI and $35 at Ikea.

So much for yesterday's pep talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home