Trim The Fat

Monday, April 04, 2005

Time to Hunker Down

Despite all my ramblings on this Blog, I've not only gained weight over the last week, but my net worth has also decreased by about 2 grand. What the heck?!?!

I'll admit that I've made some progress with my portfolio. I've been doing a lot of reading and research and I'm starting to see some good gains. My bank account and my weight, however, are not doing as well.

Admissions:
  • I drink and eat way too much.
  • I spend money like crazy. I'm getting better here, but I need more self-control.
Mindfulness and self-control sometimes elude me - I can't let my desires control me! I am proud of the fact that I haven't had a smoke in over a year. As my Doc said "Anything you do to improve your health won't make a bit of difference until you quit smoking." I'm not going to downplay my sucess in overcoming nicotine addiction, I'm just sayng that I'm very far from where I really want to be.

Self-control, John. Self-control.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, keep at it. I too was fat and broke and smoked. After many years I now do not smoke, am well om my way to an early retirement, and am still fat.

    It took lots of starts & stops to both stop smoking and gain control of my money. But it was worth it for both areas!

    I am about to try the food diary method and see if that helps.

    Now if you pardon me I have to wipe the chip crumbs off my shirt and start that food diary!

    Anon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • I second that! Last year I was fat and smoked - stopped smoking 3/1/04, got even fatter, and joined WW in October. I am now "overweight" instead of being "obese" oh joy :) I swear it was easier to give up the cigs than lose this damn weight! Geez.

    Seriously, it's fantastic you've stopped smoking. The food diary works; when I journal I lose.

    Good luck - just found your blog so I will be checking back here regularly!

    By Anonymous Amy, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home